Blit collects e-mail addresses of people who send us e-mail. We also collect information on what pages users access and information provided to us by users via surveys and site registrations.
Such information may contain personal data about you including your name, address, phone numbers, etc, BUT NEVER CREDIT CARD NUMBERS
. Blit offloads storing credit card information
to user authorized third parties certified Level 1 according to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). We are not allowed to disclose such personal information without your written permission.
However, certain information collected from you and about you is used within the context of providing the Service. The information we collect is not shared with or sold to others except under the certain circumstances
and which your use of the Service is deemed to provide to us a valid consent to disclose the following:
- Blit does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
Blit may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Blit service primary account holder account
or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You retain the right to access, amend, correct or delete your personal information where it is inaccurate at any time. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your information
- When you register for any Blit product we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, credit card information.
- Blit uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- Blit does not share your personal information with third parties without your authorization.
- As part of the funding/donation process and mobile communications on Blit, you will obtain the contact information of your customers. By entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other users’ personal information that you obtain through Blit or through a Blit-related communication or Blit-facilitated transaction, will not be used for unsolicited commercial messages. Blit does not tolerate spam.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Every computer that accesses our website is assigned a different cookie by us.
- We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics (GA). GA permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network.
- Blit uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our services. Although Blit owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Blit applications, you retain all rights to your data.
- Blit may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service of any of our applications.